Cooking with Kush …
Are you a fan of big, bold flavors? If so, you’ll love this delicious, moist lemon cake recipe that’s made completely from scratch in one hour, with less than 15 minutes hands-on time.
Canna Kush Lemon Cake is fluffy, tangy and so easy to make! Every bite of this supremely moist pound cake is bursting with lemon flavor. If you like Starbucks’ Lemon Loaf, then you’ll love this homemade lemon pound cake!
Canna Kush Lemon Cake
For the pound cake:
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup cannabis-infused butter, at room temperature
• 1 cup cannabis-infused granulated sugar (may substitute regular granulated sugar)
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
For the lemon syrup:
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
For the lemon icing:
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 5-by-9-inch (or 4-by-8-inch) loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Set aside.
3. In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or using an electric mixer), cream the butter and sugar together at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, for about 4 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
4. With mixer running on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat on medium-high speed until combined.
5. With mixer on low, add about one-third of flour mixture and mix until almost combined, then add half the buttermilk and mix until just combined. Repeat with another third of flour mixture and then last half of buttermilk, ending with last third of flour. Beat until just incorporated.
6. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes until cake is golden-brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean with only a few moist crumbs. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours.
7. Let cake cool for about 10 minutes in pan. Stir together the lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar for lemon syrup. Carefully invert loaf pan and transfer cake to a cooling rack, then brush syrup on cake while it’s still warm. Allow cake to cool completely.
8. When cake is cool, combine the icing ingredients, starting with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and milk and adding remaining lemon juice, as needed. Icing should be thick, not runny. Pour icing over cake and let dry before serving.
Makes 10 servings